Rental Product Manager, Power Systems
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Reporting to the Rental Operations Manager, Power Systems, the Product Manager is responsible for the market share, profitability, customer experience, and fleet performance of our Compressed Air and Power Generation product lines. By providing in-depth product, application and market/competitive knowledge to our front-line sales and branch support groups, the Product Manager helps differentiate our product(s) and value proposition relative to our competitors.
- Responsible for results and metrics of fleet performance within their product groups.
- Responsible for best fleet mix and inventory levels to maximize high returns & utilization.
- Responsible to ensure rental fleet within their product groups meets all regulatory standards.
- Works with Industry Manager and Rental Operations Manager on annual fleet CAPEX and disposal requirements based on market trends.
- Works with Fleet Reliability Manager on managing overall fleet health, equipment maintenance, equipment certification & repair.
- Works with Industry Manager & Rental Operations Manager to liquidate aged & underperforming fleets to maximize the best return.
- Works with Industry Manager & Rental Operations Manager to investigate and analyze new innovative products within their product groups.
- Serves as a liaison with Finning’s suppliers within their product groups and searches for new partnerships that broaden Finning’s customer solution portfolio (e.g. Caterpillar, Caterpillar Dealers, Brokers, Allied Vendors, etc.)
- Works to develop re-rent programs, participate in industry association events, and Caterpillar dealer advisory groups as applicable.
- Works with Branch Managers, the Finning training department, and Allied Vendors to develop and maintain a technician training program within their product groups.
- Works with Rental Sales Manager to develop and maintain a sales training program within their product groups.
- Provides technical product support to all internal (sales and service) and external customer stakeholders as required.
- Works with Marketing Manager and Rental Sales Manager to develop and execute on a marketing plan that leverages the 4P’s (Product, Price, Place, and Promotion) to achieve annual sales objectives and market share results on assigned products.
Education & Experience
- 7 years of technical sales and/or fleet management experience in a related field.
- An in-depth product and market knowledge of the Power Generation and Compressed Air rental industry.
- 2 years of supervisory or managerial experience, with the ability to effectively train, motivate and influence all sales, service, management and organization levels.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Customer-centric approach to the business.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Commercial & business acumen.
- Highly motivated employee who can work independently, think strategically and deliver on a plan.
- Leadership, coaching, mentoring and influencing skills.
- Strong technical knowledge with a detailed understanding of products and applications within their respective product group.
- Complete knowledge of financial matrix specific to the rental and used industry.
- Provides effective, focused direction for the industry.
- Looks for new ways to work with the enterprise to expand the value of the organization.
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.