Shared Services Supervisor
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Reporting to the Shared Services Manager this position is responsible for supervision of Service Administrators across the Finning network and overseeing end-to-end administrative service work order processes while applying the guiding principles of Finning’s Service Excellence model. Shared Services Supervisors are accountable for Maintenance Customer Order (MCO) accuracy & velocity with success. Maintenance Customer Order (MCO) & Service Work in Progress (SWIP) success is measured through consistent and sustained Key Performance Indicators as defined by Finning Leadership. In addition to meeting metrics, Shared Supervisors are accountable to their team’s adherence to Service Excellence best practices for MCO management and document control.
Major Job Functions
- Responsible for the day-to-day leadership of staff, including interviews and selection, orientation, coaching and mentoring, employee engagement, performance feedback and supporting growth and development opportunities
- Supervision of Change Management within the MCO and supporting Service Administrators in removing roadblocks or delays
- Identification & Escalation of financial risk and ownership of scheduling and facilitation of a Key Stakeholder Call for risk mitigation & alignment on action planning
- End to end monitoring of the service process with recommendations for Continuous Improvement
- Proactive Risk Identification for Customer Work Order Management, including warranty, goodwill, bid variance, and Selling, General & Administrative expense claims
- Demonstrating leadership and engagement of assigned employees, that is supported through the development of an effective team and fostering a positive work environment both face to face & remotely.
- Acting as a Business Improvement Lead, attending and participating in the calls and championing & implementation continuous improvement
- Ensuring that the Maintenance Customer Orders (MCOs) are closed and invoiced at a timely manner
- Invoicing Efficiency & Financial Key Performance Indicators: Service Work in Progress Thresholds, Days to Bill, Warranty Days to Bill, Service Profitability to Annual Operating Plan, and hosting weekly SWIP meetings with key stakeholders to ensure these items are on track
- Post Secondary Education with 3-5 years of progressive and related experience: Administration, Business Management, Accounting / Financial
- 1-2 year’s supervisory or managerial experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate and lead others that may reside within the facility or in other Finning locations requiring an effective remote supervisory & leadership skill.
- Must possess communication skills to create engagement with employees whether local or remote using technology.
- Team player with the ability to work with employees and business leaders at all levels throughout the organization both face to face and remotely.
- Strategic Thinking Skills - strong decision making and problem-solving skills. Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
- Strong understanding of Service Excellence as it pertains to Work Order (MCO) Ownership & Management
- Organizational, Conflict, Time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Adapt to change in the work environment to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Demonstrated commitment to safety culture
- Strong understanding of performance management principles, processes and the principles of high-performance leadership
- Knowledge of Financial acumen to understand and interpret associated Key Performance Indicators related to branch profitability
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.