Service Support Representative
Number of Openings:0
Position Overview:Join the Finning family! Would you like to work for an industry leading dealer for the largest equipment manufacturer in the world? Here at Finning, we service what we sell; from the smallest to the largest machines in the world. We are seeking Service Support Representatives (HET/Heavy Duty Mechanics) to assist with strategic customer management, repair scope development, quoting, and project management of technical repairs and service for both the shop and field.
As the world’s largest CAT dealer, we take pride in the quality of our work and provide a safe, professional work environment for our people. Safety is not just a culture; it is a founding principal of our business. From trucks with 100,000 running hours to trucks that can run themselves, there is no shortage of opportunity to build a career with Finning. As the Service Support Representative (HET / Heavy Duty Mechanic) you will receive competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package, and training to help develop your skills.
If you’re self-motivated, a quick learner, computer savvy, detail-oriented, and safety conscious, who excels at troubleshooting and customer relations, then you’re exactly who we’re looking for.
We look forward to you joining our team!
- Provide advice and guidance on customer service requests; troubleshoot and identify customer issues and provide recommendations on repairs
- Research, develop and provide estimated completion date based on identified scope of work
- Recommend and provide alternate solutions or options to the customer
- Manage all customer service and warranty repair process including ensuring compliance with service-related policies (WO signing, travel, etc.)
- Develop and deliver detailed work breakdown structure, with defined tasks, resource requirements and schedule
- Develop a communication plan to ensure a clear understanding of service requests, timelines, and deliverables, incorporating all key stakeholders
- Engage with service supervisors to participate in pre, mid and post job meetings as well as daily scheduling / planning meetings with key stakeholders, ensuring a strong customer experience
- 3-5 years of experience in technical service, parts, warranty or repair from a dealership or similar industry, prior Caterpillar product line preferred
- Completion of technical training and education in a relevant area such as Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) or other disciplines would be an asset
- Red Seal certification would be beneficial
- Strong communication (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, project management and prior customer service experience
- Project Management training (PMP) would be an asset
- Strong business and financial acumen, the ability to develop budgets/estimates and manage costs/identify risks
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Access, Excel and Word
- This position is based out of our Grande Prairie office location
- Permanent, full-time role
- Competitive salary, pension, and benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Plan and RRSP options
- Paid vacation
- Training opportunities to learn about Caterpillar equipment
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.