Service & Operations Planning Analyst
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Reporting to the Service & Operations Planning Manager, this position will support the development of a detailed labor strategy to help ensure the service network is prepared for future demand.
Through a collaborative partnership with the Aftermarket, and Performance Solutions team, Caterpillar, and Operations the research and analysis that you conduct will play a critical role in assessing new opportunities and partnerships which will help inform key business decisions. These decisions will include new strategies and investments that enhance organizational capabilities, drive revenue growth, and improve operating efficiencies.
The incumbent will develop short, medium- and long-term workforce projections at aggregate levels that will define the network’s capacity to meet growth targets. These workforce targets will consider a range of inputs, including but not limited to: Service DCAL, Technician Productivity, Skill Distribution, and parts growth targets.
- Develop end-to-end data analytics, reports, metrics & presentations to support the development and maintenance of a multi-year labor strategy
- Analyse and interpret data; identifying patterns and highlighting deviations to generate accurate forecasts and reporting
- Prepare formal and informal reports to communicate results of analysis or provide specialized reporting based on business requirements
- Develops, manages, and maintains monthly/quarterly/annual KPIs and other performance targets
- Present data graphically and effectively while translating complex findings into written reports
- Updating and Maintaining Service & Operational Planning Dashboard & Global KPI’s with key Business Metrics
- Communicate and translate quantitative findings to support meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Responsible for creating and measuring targets for technicians and support staff including productivity, overtime, attrition, and new hires
- Provide actionable insights related to the available capacity (labor hours) of the operations network – with consideration to vacation and other variables that enables effective and efficient centralized repair scheduling
- 5+ years’ related experience in Service Operations
- Related undergraduate degree is considered an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Process improvement experience is considered an asset
- Commercially savvy with strong results orientation
- Critical thinking to anticipate, identify and respond to with creativity and innovation
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment Integrity: maintain social, ethical and organization integrity in conduction business activities, shares complete and accurate information
- Competency using MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Power BI, Tableau, Salesforce
- Hybrid role, with opportunity to work from home as well as in Edmonton office.
- Permanent, full-time role
- Competitive salary, pension, and benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Plan and RRSP options
- Paid vacation
- Training opportunities to learn about Caterpillar equipment
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.