Service Support Representative (5x2 Rotation, Kamloops)
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:The Service Support Representative is a key member of the Customer Support Operations team responsible for the strategic customer management, repair scope development, quoting, and project management of technical repairs and service in both the shop and field.
As the Service Support Representative, you are accountable for ensuring that service and repairs are provided in the most cost effective and efficient manner, while ensuring an exceptional customer experience.
We are looking for people who are passionate about providing exceptional customer service, building relationships and have a keen interest and aptitude for equipment repair and maintenance.
We look forward to you joining our team!
- Provide advice and guidance on customer service requests; troubleshoot and identify customer issues and provide recommendations on repairs
- Research, develop and provide estimated completion date based on identified scope of work
- Recommend and provide alternate solutions or options to the customer
- Manage all customer service and warranty repair process including ensuring compliance with service-related policies (WO signing, travel, etc.)
- Develop and deliver detailed work breakdown structure, with defined tasks, resource requirements and schedule
- Develop a communication plan to ensure a clear understanding of service requests, timelines, and deliverables, incorporating all key stakeholders
- Engage with service supervisors to participate in pre, mid and post job meetings as well as daily scheduling / planning meetings with key stakeholders, ensuring a strong customer experience
- 3-5 years of experience in technical service, parts, warranty or repair from a dealership or similar industry, prior Caterpillar product line preferred
- Completion of technical training and education in a relevant area such as Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) or other disciplines would be an asset
- Red Seal certification would be beneficial
- Strong communication (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, project management and prior customer service experience
- Project Management training (PMP) would be an asset
- Strong business and financial acumen, the ability to develop budgets/estimates and manage costs/identify risks
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Access, Excel and Word
- This position is based out of our Kamloops office location
- 5 x 2 schedule rotation, Monday to Friday
- Permanent, full-time role
- Competitive salary, pension, and benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Plan and RRSP options
- Paid vacation
- Training opportunities to learn about Caterpillar equipment
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.