Number of Openings:0
Position Overview:Join the exciting team at Finning! The Warranty Technician is responsible for interpreting technical information in service reports and related repair documentation. As the Warranty Technician, you will audit associated work order repair charges prepare, create, submit, and manage warranty claims to applicable suppliers and / or manufacturers.
The ideal candidate possesses related warranty experience and have a solid understanding of Service Department processes and procedures. Opportunity for Flex-Work for right candidate.
We look forward to you joining our team!
- Review Finning, Caterpillar, and Non-Caterpillar warranty coverage’s
- Identify warranty registration discrepancies and notify the appropriate personnel
- Review and audit general line and non-Caterpillar branch warranty claim submissions
- Create and submit warranty and goodwill claims to manufacturers and/or suppliers
- Liaison with manufacture/supplier, warranty, engineering, and service personnel on all aspects of warranty, goodwill, and parts marketing programs
- Provide warranty and goodwill/policy training of branch service personnel on an ongoing basis
- Provide a consultation service for Finning branches seeking advice about warranty or goodwill
- Responsible for auditing work orders to ensure qualifying charges flow to the correct warranty or policy accounts
- Responsible for returning non qualifying warranty or policy charges to the submitting branch
- Pioneer new claiming procedures as new situations dictate
- Relevant trade ticket preferred (Automotive, heavy duty on or off road)
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Self starter with strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Machine product knowledge
- Knowledge of Finning and CAT warranty systems, exchange parts systems, Service department procedures, and Scheduled Oil Sampling system would be considered an asset
- Understanding of technical analysis for warranty interpretation
- Proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel and Outlook), familiarity with DBS would be beneficial
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Confident working in a fast-paced work environment addressing high work volumes
- This position is based out of our Surrey office location
- Permanent, full-time role
- Competitive salary, pension, and benefits
- Employee Share Purchase Plan and RRSP options
- Paid vacation
- Training opportunities to learn about Caterpillar equipment
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.