Technology Implementation Supervisor 14x14 Continuous Shift
Number of Openings:2
Position Overview:Responsible for ensuring the safety of people, quality and quantity of work and Finning's commitment to customer service by spending your time in the shop understanding, collaborating and leading a team.
- Lead, demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment ensuring that all safety standards, policies, procedures and compliance requirements are communicated, implemented and followed.
- Lead and participate in daily review and update meetings as well as scheduled pre-job, mid-job and post-job reviews
- Ensure compliance with NSC with proper inspections to trucks, track/identify required repairs and maintenance of the truck, ensure technicians are managing hours of service compliance and ensuring proper load securement and all supporting documentation
- Ensure pre-job meetings are held with technicians to review scope of work and binder accuracy with the team to ensure that any safety opportunities were identified through the repair process and leveraged as inputs to future work
- Ensure post-job review meetings are conducted and final inspections are complete
- On floor inspections include the controls identified on JHA’s are being used, the JHA is being updated along with the job progression and new risks are correct to the job progression and have the required controls identified
- Lead and participate in regular scheduled safety meetings
- Ensure that employees maintain the appropriate safety training required for their position
- Spends a minimum of 80% of time on the shop floor to ensure the agreed upon scope of work with the customer is accurately followed, while identifying key milestones where communication points (internal/external) need to happen.
- Ensuring that tooling, parts and technical issues are dealt with promptly so it doesn’t impact out customer service commitment
- Ensures quality daily time and service reports and cross over reports and field to shop transfers
- Ensure technicians and apprentices are aware of which bays/jobs they own for the day or shift and what, if any, critical issues are
- Manage and measure technician productivity
- Manage and determine manpower availability, allocate technicians as required and assign additional technicians if required
- Conduct mid-job review and verify if the job is at 60% and communicate the job changes to technician
- The desire to lead and manage people
- Effective leadership / supervisory skills
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification
- Previous experience with Caterpillar equipment/engines (min 4 yrs)
- Strong business acumen
**This role may be eligible for premiums where applicable**
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.