UX Writer - EA SPORTS FC
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
We're seeking a highly creative and experiential writer to join the Experience Design Team at EA SPORTS FIFA. Reporting directly to the Director of Experience Design, you'll shape the Voice & Tone of our platform. As a craft leader, you’ll compose the written word strategy for the end-to-end user experience. From highly creative headline writing and persuasive messaging, to simple user interface language and wayfinding, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the emotional threads of the player's journey.
Your creativity is boundless and you’re also a pragmatic thinker. You wordsmith everything and you understand the delicate nuances of modulation. You apply appropriate levels of humor, and you know when to be plain spoken, encouraging, or direct. You consider the audience’s emotional state, goals and needs to gain clues about the best writing approach for the situation.
If this sounds like you and you’re fascinated about the prospect of applying your talents to the industry-leading global phenomenon known as EA SPORTS FIFA and your interests embody immersive interactive entertainment, we want to talk to you.
- Strong understanding of game narrative and various mechanics of storytelling.
- Writing: Experiential Writing, Nomenclature Design, Writing Guidance;
- Organizing: Taxonomy System, Information Framework, Organizing Principles;
- Design Documentation: Develop & expand best practices for writing communications with supporting annotations to explain the ideas and how they should be understood for implementation. Define and design innovative, effective, guidelines and best practices for the experience;
- Partnerships with various disciplines such as Designers, Research, Production, Creative, and Leadership;
- Writing Updates & Content Guidance Rollout
- Build Reviews
- Minimum 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- An impressive portfolio of short-form and long-form creative writing examples;
- Excellent communicator with an ability to rationalize big ideas, simply
- Set the foundation and establish the process for User Experience Writing at FIFA;
- Define and design innovative, effective, guidelines and best practices for the experience
- Communicate product features and benefits in ways that assist, orient, and guide
- Write using best practices for inclusivity and accessibility to reach our diverse worldwide communities
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects and organize around workflow commitments, deadlines, and release schedules
- Experience in partnering with various disciplines such as Designers, Research, Production, Creative, and Leadership
- Experience in creating scalable written content systems;
- An obsession with cohesion and consistency (nomenclature design, labels, information organization)
- Advanced education/training in Creative Writing, English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, Psychology, Experience Design, etc., - whether your education comes from academia, degrees, or self-taught routes, we welcome all qualified applicants with a passion for writing.
- A passion for playing and making games.
- Past experience developing Voice & Tone Style Guides
- Award-winning portfolio
- Experience writing for interactive mediums
- Experience writing for spoken interfaces or other writing that's meant to be spoken in apps, on the air, or on the stage
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.