Production Coordinator - Metalhead
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Production Coordinator - Metalhead
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
As a part of our operations team, you’ll be essential in helping our smaller studio function efficiently and smoothly.. You’ll be looked to as the first point of contact when needs arise outside of game development. You’ll take on daily responsibilities, some of which can be planned and some that will be impromptu.
- Support studio relations by processing service agreements and vendor payments through established system
- Organize and reconcile corporate credit cards for the team card and certain senior individuals
- Asset management and purchasing (hardware, software, office supplies, swag, and misc.)
- Create, process and manage purchase orders
- Set up vendors through established system
- Coordinate gifts for life events such as baby gift baskets, bereavement flowers, retirement gifts, and service recognition gifts
- Maintain administrative files (payroll reporting, contract payments, etc)
- Be a central point of knowledge for all things purchasing, including understanding approval processes and training others on expense tools
Studio Space Management:
- Communicate and coordinate service requests with our building’s property managers
- Coordinate office parking space assignments
- Receive/send mail and packages on-site
- Manage office keys/fobs
- Organize office services as needed (appliance repairs, etc)
- Manage visitor sign-in and be the first face of the studio to key visitors
- Selecting, ordering and organizing office snacks as needed
- General office organization and coordination of decluttering efforts
- Maintain studio specific distribution lists and Slack channels
- Organize swag and put together new hire boxes
- Organize onsite and offsite meetings, catering and special event logistics
- Help with onboarding new hires to ensure account and equipment setups have been completed before they start (complete NUSUs, coordinate with IT and badging, assist new hires with their credentials)
- Support with onboarding of new hires by making them feel welcome in the studio and providing information about the office and building
- Coordinate desk changes and other office reconfigurations
- Manage studio calendars
- Organize travel arrangements for studio leadership (flights, accommodation, travel letters for international travel)
- Other administrative, studio culture, and operational responsibilities that support the studio and leadership team
- Proficiency with MS Office, Google Workspace, spreadsheets, etc and the ability to pick up on new programs quickly
- Desire to take ownership, be responsible and find solutions
- Puts the team ahead of the individual with a willingness to step outside of core responsibilities when needed, along with the rest of our team
- Ability to keep track of many small projects and tasks at the same time
- Comfort in reaching out to and working with people in the broader organization as well as outside of EA
- Flexibility as you take on a variety of different projects that may differ from your day-to-day tasks
- A diploma or degree in administration, business or similar
- 1+ years of administrative experience
Regardless of your specialization, a few things we're always looking for
- A sense of humility and ability to thrive in a team environment. You look for help when you're stuck and you want to help your teammates when they need it.
- A knack for managing your time. You know when to go deeper on a task versus recognizing that it's time to get 'er done and move on to the next thing. Quality is important, but so is speed!
- A willingness to branch into areas outside your core expertise. It's just a fact of life in a small studio as we adapt to the changing demands at each stage of a project.
- Drive to execute. Projects you've worked on in the past (personal or professional) got finished, and got finished properly… and it had a lot to do with you.
- A sense of humor. At least enough that you can tolerate our dumb jokes.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.