Senior Data Analyst - FC Live
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
At EA, we inspire the world to play by developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our EA Vancouver studio is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to support our EA Sports FC franchise. Reporting to the Analytics Manager on FC's live services, you'll work with the live product & content teams along with colleagues in analytics around the world. We're looking for someone with experience diving into large datasets to uncover insights. You'll not only be a data explorer and modeller, but also a data storyteller who will help guide the company to create extraordinary gaming experiences for our players. Examples of projects you may work on include: assessing campaign content impact, running experiments to improve our existing understanding of our players' behaviour, and modelling the effects that our live content has on overall player engagement.
What you'll do on our team:
- Receive questions from our partners, determine the best ways that our data can help answer them, and provide those insights through dashboards, reports, or presentations.
- Develop insights to help our partners make informed decisions about in-game campaign planning.
- Work with game product managers to understand their experimentation needs and translate analysis into realistic recommendations.
- Explore player behaviour patterns in our data to identify opportunities to improve the player experience.
- Model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new content and campaigns will affect our performance.
- Investigate how live content and campaigns impact our in-game player economy.
- Present analyses and findings to our partners in a clear and understandable way.
What we're looking for:
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Data Science, Analytics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in an analytics role using data to help guide decisions in a consumer products-oriented industry (e.g. gaming, entertainment, e-commerce).
- Excellent SQL querying skills.
- Proficiency analyzing large datasets in a spreadsheet program and in programmatic analysis tools (e.g. Python, R).
- Experience with data visualization applications (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, Looker).
- Experience in statistical modelling (e.g. regression, clustering, predictive modelling).
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.