Ingénieur.e de données/Data Developer
Ingénieur.e de données/Data Developer
Multiple Locations: Montreal, QC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
"Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français, "Select Language" dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page."
Data Developer- Specialized in Data Quality Validation
We Are EA
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, Apex Legends, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console —to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your computing genius.
Player Insight Network (PIN) is the central telemetry solution that helps EA to make great games across all platforms and titles. We, Player Insight Network Quality Verification Team, are looking for a data developer responsible for Extract Transform Load (ETL) logic validation using test automation and dbt. You will work with our partners to ensure quality data in player engagement and gameplay telemetry from source to dashboard reporting. Besides applying best software engineering practice in data engineering space, SQL, and scripting language, you will work with an amazing team of data craft practitioners in continuously driving high quality in our data product portfolios.
EA Canada is seeking a Data Developer with a love for data. You will be responsible for planning, building and deploying data quality solutions for EA. The Data Engineer will be a subject matter expert in building data quality solutions using modern ETL technologies. You will be leveraging cutting edge tools & technologies to store, analyze petabytes of data and solve complex business problems. You will collaborate with product, business, and engineering teams to build & deliver the most optimal solution.
- Creation of test plans by reviewing data pipeline feature design spec
- Create test cases using DBT to validate ELT pipelines quality.
- Create test cases using SQL & python in internal test case automation framework to ensure data quality.
- Work with data analytics solution team to understand data requirements, Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) and implementation of ETL logic.
- Design effective test strategy to validate end-to-end data quality based on data requirements and business needs.
- Perform root cause analysis on failed test cases and communicate those to stakeholders.
- Understand the design and architecture of data pipelines and come up with test solutions.
- Identify and communicate test coverage gaps on raw data to the stakeholders.
- Define data quality KPIs & metrics to provide executive summary.
- Participate in scrum ceremonies (Sprint planning, daily stand up, review, retrospective)
- Analyze and improve test coverage based on feedback provided by downstream stakeholders.
- Identify new, creative methods to increase data pipelines testing efficiency.
- Enhance existing data pipelines quality processes.
- Work with the product, business, and engineering teams to identify new opportunities for data acquisition.
- Build analytical tools and programs to empower the business teams make decisions based on data.
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects across teams serve their data needs.
- Evangelize and influence to make data a first-class citizen with every person/team/group you get in touch with
Must Have Skills:
- Excellent command over querying and analyzing data using various query languages native to the storage system (e.g., SQL CQL, MQL, Hive, etc.)
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL database concepts & applications, data modelling techniques (3NF, Dimensional)
- Proven experience in tuning databases and queries for optimal performance
- Experience in programming languages used in data systems - Python or R or Java
- Experience in ingesting data from various sources in formats such as JSON, XML, CSV, etc.
- Experience in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment using agile methodologies. Prior experience in using tools such as Gitlab, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Ability to debug and test complex data pipelines.
- Experience with identifying data quality rules and applying data validation techniques.
- Good understanding of data lifecycle & quality applications
- Good understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and practices
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively and influence others.
3+years relevant industry experience in data engineering role who has Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- Building Statistical models and Machine Learning Algorithms
- Real-time data acquisition & processing frameworks (e.g., Apache Storm, Apache NiFi, Apache Spark)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $45 - $68
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $40 - $68
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $53 - $68
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $40 - $56
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $40 - $68
The hourly rate is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.