Senior Technical Artist (Rigging + CFX)
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
- At least 5+ years of cinematic/games production experience working in technical art/rigging/animation.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field.
- Expert knowledge designing complex skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation (fat, jiggle, muscle sim), and skin deformations.
- Strong understanding of human anatomy and animation principles.
- In depth expertise with relevant 3D software packages such as Maya and Houdini. (Ziva VFX experience desired).
- Ability to implement techniques to solve character animation and deformation challenges.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges and real-time limitations specific to character deformation.
- Proficient scripting/programming in Python or C#.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.