Generalist Software Engineer - EA SPORTS FC
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programmers, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, and EA Sports UFC.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Client Software Engineer will be a part of the game creation and live services, including architectural design, implementation, debugging, and ongoing support on multiple platforms. Reporting to the Development Director and Technical Lead, you will work on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including game mode logic, user interface, online, rendering, gameplay, audio, databases and tools.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with 3rd party companies on software solutions.
- Work with Server and Client engineers to establish, hook up and test end-to-end functionality.
- Collaborate within and across teams of Engineers and Designers both locally and remotely.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Architect and document technical designs for game technology and features.
- Create tools, features and game components.
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
- Measurably improve process and best practices to achieve targets.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 4+ years of experience with C++ and with object-oriented design and implementation.
- Experience with Client/Server communication models.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Experience with memory management.
- Knowledge of hardware setup, package deployment and patching procedures.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.