Technical Designer (Scripting)
Technical Designer (Scripting)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • Edmonton, AB, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are privileged to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does a Technical Designer do?
As a Technical Designer, you will be a member of the Frostbite Content Team and report to the Technical Art Manager. You will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest game scripting tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams. You'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators.
- Use your technical and game design expertise to provide a range of game and content scripting solutions with Frostbite's node-based scripting tool
- As a Technical Designer on the Frostbite team you will collaborate directly with engineers, product owners and game teams to improve the usability of content workflows and help steer the design of new features.
- You will collaborate with the Frostbite content team to build tech demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
You Will Need
- 5+ years of experience with node-based gameplay scripting systems
- Understand the fundamentals of game design system, world building tools and how node-based scripting solutions provide solutions for these toolsets
- Experience with Unity, Unreal or other similar game engines
- Understand the wide range of game engine systems where node based scripting solutions can be used.
- Shipped 2 + games
- Experience helping others achieve their best through game development tools
- Experience with a diversity of content creation tools within a game engine
- Experience with gameplay Ai systems and methods
- Knowledge of Lua, Python or other scripting languages
- Comfortable engaging and building relationships with multiple teams and individuals globally
We thought you might also want to know:
- More about our studio: www.frostbite.com
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.