Gestionnaire de production / Development director - IRON MAN
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
(Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page sous "Select Language".)
Our motive is to create innovative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let’s say that again—iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
We believe in sharing our passion with our community, and with each other by having transparent discussions, by practicing an inclusive culture, and by nurturing a continuous growth mindset. Our approach feels simple, but it leads to the best work of our careers, and as a team, building unique and immersive experiences.
Motive is looking for a Production Manager (Development Director), you manage the development execution on a diverse team, to build and launch a AAA video game. This is a leadership role that involves a high level of interaction with team members and team leadership. Development Directors focus on project management, progress tracking, and risk mitigation with Producers to produce predictable results that ensure feature quality and partner agreement.
- You will lead diverse teams to achieve functionality, modules, or specific components of a game.
- Coordinate with the team to meet their sprint/release goals, organize resources in planning, tracking, and reporting on the work.
- Work with the Leads, Producers, and other Development Directors to establish and communicate project goals, goals, plans, and milestones to the project team.
- Work with our partners to manage trade-offs between scope, resources, and time during the project lifecycle.
- Identify and analyze project risks; develop mitigation plans for them.
- Create status reports, project plans, communications plans, and sprint retrospectives.
- Work with other DDs to identify opportunities for process improvements to make sure we are delivering high-quality content as effectively as possible.
- 4+ years' experience in project management and team management
- 2 or more shipped games
- Familiarity with advanced game engines like Unreal, Unity and others
- Experience in cross disciplinary collaboration on a game development team
- Demonstrate a high level of written and verbal communication across all levels and organizations
- Knowledge of the use of project management tools and development practices; knowledge of JIRA
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.