Development Director - Live Content
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
WE WANT YOUR BRAINS… PopCap is looking for brainy and skillful people with a passion for making the world's best games. What's in it for you? A super-fun environment, rewarding work, and lots of great perks. It takes big, delicious brains to make award-winning titles like Plants vs. Zombies that delight millions of players around the world every day. Are you up for the challenge?
PopCap is looking for a highly collaborative project manager who can successfully deliver a game’s live content on time, within budget, and to desired quality. You oversee the content’s project schedule. Bring your passion for the Plants vs. Zombies franchise and help us build the best mobile games in the industry!
- Project manages a variety of disciplines including artists and designers: collaborates with software engineers, other development managers, and other production staff
- Have oversight over the content delivery for a live service
- Partners with project managers and creative leads to make sure content is made that meets the needs of our user base and satisfies KPI targets
- Builds and evolves an efficient team: identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and developmental opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential
- Establishes and tracks appropriate means of measurement to allow the team to analyze the efficiency of their processes
- Seeks out and identifies project wide deficiencies and implements process improvements to correct
- Regularly communicates with the project team and coordinates dependencies with external partners
- Organizes project planning and retrospective sessions with the team
- Creates assessments and mitigations of risks for areas of ownership
- Partners with core project team to manage scope and quality
- 4 - 6 years of project management or team leadership experience in software development
- Education requirement: University degree Bachelors or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrate a high level of written and verbal communication across all levels and organizations
- Demonstrate a high level of ownership and attention to detail
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile, using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with Excel/Google spreadsheets, and Office or Google Drive suite
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.