Senior Client Engineer
Senior Client Engineer
Multiple Locations: Toronto, ON, Canada • Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Senior Client Engineer - New Game
We exist to inspire the world to play and we're looking for the right people to make that happen. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world through our games, experiences and new ways to play, we need innovative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
You will be working to develop a new mobile title in the EA Mobile Lifestyle Studio. As a studio, we build games for Imaginative Creators; games that allow players to create something that is an expression of their unique personality.
In this role you will be reporting into the game's Client Lead and implementing code across a broad feature set. Collaborating within a small team, you will need to work with engineers and other disciplines to design, program, and test code for a cross-platform mobile game. Primarily using Unity and C#, you will build systems for areas that could include game mechanics, simulation, graphics features, asset management, UI, tool creation, and more.
- Work with other disciplines like Design and Art to help solidify game requirements
- Prototype features to prove out game ideas
- Collaborate with engineers to design robust, understandable, and reusable software
- Implement features in Unity and C# with widely accepted software methodologies, including OOP and SOLID principles
- Write and document robust code that is safe and testable
- Use proven tools for source control, task management, and app distribution to maintain reliable communication and milestones
- Contribute to Engineering team's software development practices, processes, and long-term strategies
- Mentor junior team members in skill development as part of engineering team
- 6+ years of professional development experience coding games
- 4+ years of experience with Unity Engine
- You take high-level direction and manage team execution within an iterative software development model
- You have built and shipped a mobile game from beginning to end
- You have a deep understanding of Unity's many different features
- You have a deep understanding of C# and its best practices
- You develop high-quality, testable software
- You have a desire to work with other engineers and designers to iteratively add features
- You are passionate about building games
- You have experience with testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing code performance
- You're willing to iterate quickly and develop short-lived prototypes
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You're a motivated self-starter; able to operate with autonomy
- You have a desire to teach and learn from your peers
- You have extensive experience with Unity's rendering features and graphics programming
- You have experience creating remote asset pipelines using Unity asset bundles
- You have experience collaborating with tech artists to implement graphics features
- You have experience working with art assets in Maya, including its support of Python scripting
- You have worked on a casual city-building games or merge games.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $130,250 - $199,400
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $120,450 - $199,400
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $147,400 - $199,400
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $120,450 - $161,750
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $120,450 - $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.