Architecte de Jeux / Gameplay Architect - IRON MAN
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
(Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page sous "Select Language".)
Our motive is to create innovative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let’s say that again—iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
We believe in sharing our passion with our community, and with each other by having transparent discussions, by practicing an inclusive culture, and by nurturing a continuous growth mindset. Our approach feels simple, but it leads to the best work of our careers, and as a team, building unique and immersive experiences.
Reporting to the Project Technical Director, Motive is looking for a Gameplay Architect who will be responsible for defining and maintaining a technical vision that ensures a cohesive implementation of the various gameplay systems required by an ambitious new Unreal Engine 5 based Iron Man game..
- Define a cohesive technology vision across gameplay, AI and UI to meet the needs of an ambitious new project
- Maintain a technology map to ensure the interoperability and synergy of systems
- Continually evaluate technology capabilities to identify improvements required from the game team and middleware vendors.
- Collaborate with designers to identify innovative technical solutions that satisfy the games vision
- Create and maintain efficient and scalable gameplay frameworks, tools, and pipelines that enhance the productivity and effectiveness of the development team.
- Provide mentorship for the gameplay programming team to support the execution of the technical vision.
- Contribute to the review and authoring of technical documentation such as key systems, tools and best practice
- Extensive experience in senior gameplay technical roles on the production of large scale, high-quality games
- Proven experience building scalable and stable gameplay architectures and features
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine 5, including Blueprints and C++ programming
- Strong communication skills, comfortable sharing technical plans and options to both technical and non-technical team members
- Excellent coding and debugging skills
- A passionate gamer with an interest in following the advancement industry technologies
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.