Engineering Manager - Rendering (Frostbite)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • British Columbia, Canada • Ontario, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Engineering Manager – Frostbite Rendering
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Frostbite Rendering team.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the art multi-platform game development engine that empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming! We achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world-class tools. Our experienced team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working with teams across EA to create amazing games.
You will join us in the global rendering team, driving the technology forward to power future titles and push the boundaries of visual quality in games. We focus on providing a powerful platform abstraction layer that uses graphics hardware and APIs in efficient, scalable ways.
The Engineering Manager role
Reporting to a Director of Engineering in Frostbite, as an Engineering Manager you will:
- Hire, motivate, and manage engineers to implement the Frostbite Rendering roadmap
- Grow individuals’ careers by coaching, mentoring, providing feedback and finding opportunities
- Coach teams using agile principles and industry-standard engineering methodology
- Be accountable for and improve your team’s code quality, productivity, and team health by promoting Frostbite standards and implementing software development best practices
- Foster a culture of diversity to empower teams by encouraging an inclusive environment where all opinions are heard
- Work with Frostbite leaders to plan development work, monitor workload, and communicate progress against commitments
- Collaborate with Engineers on the team, Technical Directors, Product Owners, Program Managers and other Engineering Managers across multiple locations
- You have experience managing software engineers as direct reports
- You have experience developing software in an advanced technology environment
- You have experience formally leading software teams
- You have demonstrated a servant leadership mindset in your teams
- 1+ years of experience with game development and/or real-time C++ application development
- General understanding of modern computer graphics, APIs and techniques
- Experience working with highly distributed teams
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.