Lead Concept Artist - EA SPORTS FC
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About the Organization: EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in sports & entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and athletes. We are creating a team to build a new unannounced AAA EA SPORTS product across platforms. This is your opportunity to join this new team that will shape the future of interactive entertainment and create the next great EA SPORTS game.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of veterans of EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable sports IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
As a Lead / Sr. Concept Artist, you will create amazing concept art that fuels the entire project. Reporting to the Senior Art Director, you will be a cornerstone of the art team and lead the concept department. You will partner with all the creative leaders and contribute to bringing to life a brand-new lore. You will make sure that the concept artist results are visually cohesive. The preferred candidate is down to earth and eager to work in a highly collaborative environment guided by strong art goals and pillars.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and the Game design director to set the visual pillar of a lore via imagery and ensure visual cohesion to the project.
- Create high quality concept artwork for environment and characters (design sheet).
- Support the Art Director in the style guide and feedback processes.
- Ability to add value and feedback on asset creation pipelines.
- Work with the art team and give them aesthetic solutions through paint overs.
- Overcome game design challenges through strong product design with precision.
- Work with OS partners in a collaborative manner, delivering actionable feedback and direction.
- Organize, schedule, and manage the Concept department's and agency deliverables.
- Establish the workflow and pipeline of the concept art team and ensure that they are in touch with the latest trends.
- Partner with all the other art department leaders to create a strong working relationship and pipeline.
- Create Key Art pieces.
- 10+ years of experience, preferably in the cinematic/games industry.
- Deep knowledge of lighting and composition and 3D skills (Blender).
- Traditional painting experience, and the ability to break down such work.
- Storytelling and concept development.
- Excellent management and communication skills.
- Strong rendering skills in architecture, tech, and with the human form
- Demonstrable renderings of high-quality materials, from human to machine, fabrics to metals
- Ability to create art in a specific definable style and ability.
- Effective visual communicator capable of creating visual style guilds to articulate a visual aesthetic to other artists.
- Strong understanding of asset creation pipelines from start to finish, including the creation of spec sheets and OS guide.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.