Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FC (formerly FIFA) franchise. EA SPORTS FC is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you love football, or you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
We are looking for an experienced Producer to join our EA Sports FC team. The Gameplay Producer’s mission is to help create the most engaging and fun in-game experience for our players. You will have a mix of football knowledge and the FC Gameplay mechanics like passing, shooting, etc.
Understanding of the game and drive/passion to improve it are important qualities. You will combine video games, football, high-level direction, prioritization and strategic decision-making for the Gameplay team.
- Work with Lead Producers and Creative Designers to create a Gameplay vision and high-level feature set.
- Manage Gameplay mechanics from concept to live, accountable for meeting milestone commitments and quality targets
- Understand the balance and flow of the game to suggest tuning changes.
- Use your FIFA experience to prioritize features, fixes and player feedback.
- Promote and pitch Gameplay ideas to the Executive team and create excitement and enthusiasm.
- Provide leadership, and inspiration for the team through personal example, and enthusiasm.
- Work closely with Software Engineers, Animators and Development directors to implement Gameplay features.
- Understand new trends driving player expectations and behaviors.
- Be the voice of the players, by understanding their feedback and communicating it with the different internal teams.
- Partner with central service teams including Publishing, Marketing, and Consumer Insights.
- Guide peers and junior design staff, help them resolve complex problems and grow their skills.
- Represent game in communications. This includes delivering presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with company leadership, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
Who You Are:
- An experienced producer with 6+ years of experience in a game production, design or tech role.
- 3+ years of experience leading game teams and defining game design and narrative direction.
- A passionate gamer who plays regularly. Being a Football and FIFA fan is a huge asset.
- Analytically-minded, getting the data you need to support your ideas and guide your decisions.
- A great communicator, both directly with the team building features and content, but also upward to leadership about status, risks, and challenges.
- Technical abilities such as basic programming/scripting are a welcome asset.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of game design. Additional areas of expertise in tech, art, and business are nice-to-have.
- Will promote the vision for the game and its features. Experience with public speaking, a plus.
What's In It For You:
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know more about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.