Concepteur.trice principal.e de combat / Principal Combat Designer - IRON MAN
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
Our Motive is to create innovative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let's say that again—iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
We believe in sharing our passion with our community, and with each other by having transparent discussions, by practicing an inclusive culture, and by nurturing a continuous growth mindset. Our approach feels simple, but it leads to the best work of our careers, and as a team, building unique and immersive experiences.
Motive is looking for a Principal Gameplay Designer, with a deep passion and understanding for combat design, to drive the combat experience of our Marvel’s Iron Man project. You will join a team of gameplay designers who report to the Lead Gameplay Designer.
- Be the owner of the combat experience, supervising its design, implementation and overall feeling
- Work with design leadership and other designers to ensure all parts of the combat experience support one another and fulfill the game's creative vision
- Create AI characters and combat systems that realize the combat vision
- Work with animation, art, audio, design, programming, and visual effects to develop your features to a high level of quality
- Create new features and content using our tools
- Research and write design documents
- Guide and mentor other Gameplay Designers on all combat topics
- Communicate the game's design to the team
- Incorporate ideas and feedback from across the team and from testing to improve your features
- Give concise and helpful feedback to help improve all aspects of the game
- Use prototyping to learn and prove the design
- Contribute to the development of tools and design processes to improve how we work
- 10 + years of design experience developing video games
- Design credits on at least two titles where you were responsible for major parts of the design of enemy AI, combat systems, or bosses
- Experience working hands-on with a game engine to implement your designs
- Knowledge of recent action games and trends in the market, passion for the genre, and the ability to apply insights from them
- A relentless focus on the player experience
- Unreal Engine experience is a plus
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.