Senior Technical Artist - Tools and Pipelines - skate.(Remote/Hybrid)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Los Angeles, CA, USA • Edmonton, AB, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français ("Select Language") dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page
Location: Hybrid and remote work options available across most North American locations.
WE MAKE FUN...FUNNER.
We are Full Circle, and we're all about having fun and making great games that people want to play with their friends. As the developers of Skate™, we are set to deliver an experience that embraces and builds upon everything our community found special about the previous games. We believe in creating an inclusive world inside and outside of our games for our players and our team. As a geo-diverse studio, our team members around the globe can either work from home, in the office or a hybrid of both.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Artist to join the Skate team. You will report to the Technical Art Director for Tools and Pipelines.
- Drive and Own solutions for Content Creation Problems as specified by the Technical Art Director for Tools and Pipelines and create proof-of-concept work in pre-production.
- Lead the conversion of prototype solutions into production-ready content generation workflows and tools.
- Work with content creators to identify technical requirements for pipelines, workflows, and tools to serve game team product goals.
- Help drive tool setup and deployment strategies, troubleshooting, and ensuring tools and pipelines are operational.
- Oversee inclusion of new pipelines, tools & workflows in tech roadmaps, including engine roadmaps, product tech art roadmaps, internal and external content team workflow roadmaps.
- Engage with internal and external tools and technology partner teams.
- Stay current with and exhibit a high degree of technical knowledge about current state-of-the-industry content workflows, tools and pipelines.
- Attend planning and team meetings; Build user stories and produce time estimates for project planning.
- You have 5+ Years Experience as a Technical Artist working on Tools and Pipelines.
- You have experience owning, developing, and managing tools and pipelines on at least 2 shipped console/PC titles.
- An understanding of architecture for complex tools and pipelines with a focus on content creator (artist/designer) friendly workflows and scalability.
- You are effective at communicating and working with different audiences to champion technology and tool development.
- Experienced in scaling up pipelines and leveraging automation for increasing efficiency of content pipelines.
- Understanding of real-time game content and the requirements for these to be efficient and high quality (i.e. make sure the output of tools is usable for games).
- You have a proficiency in at least one of the following languages: C#, Python, C++
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems.
- Expert knowledge in a few 2D and 3D Art packages and workflows: i.e. Maya, Photoshop, Substance, Houdini.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $126,700 - $171,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.