Game Designer - EA SPORTS™ FC
Game Designer - EA SPORTS™ FC
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Game Designer - EA SPORTS™ FC
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world's biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS™ FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
Reporting to the Design Director, the Game Designer will maintain and balance the core and meta-game while creating and implementing live service ideas and features to entertain our players.
- Design and own large systems, mechanics, and content from concept through implementation to completion.
- Determine gameplay experience goals for designs, and tune features to meet those goals.
- Improve designs based on input from the team, user research and playtesting, game metrics, and sound systems design practices.
- Be an active member of the development team using inclusive collaborative frameworks with diverse teams to decide on goals and establish the stories players want to tell within a given release
- Be resourceful and solve problems using the tools and time/scope available to create unique and fun experiences for players.
- Collaborate with all team disciplines, including artists, testers, economy, engineers, and producers to get support from the team and guide a project from initial design to final production.
- Become an expert on the game and our community, drawing from our large, varied player base and our past games to make and defend intelligent design choices going forward.
- Have an eye for establishing and improving processes to make life easier for the Design team.
- Help establish best practices for the team and lead by example.
- At least 3 years of game design experience on a video game development team and at least 1 shipped game in a Design role.
- Excellent creative, analytical, and organization skills with an ability to write detailed design documentation.
- Expertise in game development tools and engines such as Unity, Unreal, or proprietary engines.
- Technical proficiency when directly implementing design content either via scripting or database languages.
- Progressive thinking while remaining energetic and motivated to overcome challenges with practical solutions.
- Champion a design and get the team excited to work on it.
- Experience prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Experience using a variety of scripting solutions to implement, tune, and bug-fix features.
- Sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Effective at working both autonomously and in groups of different profiles.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for gaming: playing, deconstructing, and creating.
- Experience with sports games as a designer or a passionate player
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $119,000 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.