Technical Art Co-Op - Sports Tech (8 Months)
Technical Art Co-Op - Sports Tech (8 Months)
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Electronic Arts is looking for students to join our world-class internship experience. Summer 2024 will be better than ever as we bring all interns together on-site for orientation week and prep students for the future ways of work by offering remote and hybrid opportunities depending on your location. For more information about our Next-Gen Program, visit https://www.ea.com/careers/interns-and-university-graduates
Our teams build meaningful relationships with hundreds of millions of players around the world who love our games. We aim to be the best at meeting players where they are and supporting them throughout their journey with EA. Our teams develop the strategic vision of our products, run outstanding multi-channel campaigns, build global engagement across all touch points, develop global insights, and propel sales and global publishing. We understand the dynamic global landscape so we can bring relevant content, promotions, and help to players anywhere.
Role Overview: Technical Artists are the bridge between art and programming departments and have the capability to understand the nuances of art creation and technical code. They demonstrate technical proficiency in basic 3D concepts and have experience in both art and programming. As a Technical Artist Intern, you will be an individual contributor on a central technical art team supporting the technical delivery of content via development of tools, pipelines, and workflows across a distributed production environment.
- You will partner with peers on the Technical Art team and with project Technical Art Directors to support game and studio vision, provide/receive feedback, and continuously improve, with the goal of creating performant tools and technologies that enable the creation of assets of high visual quality, and technologies that move EA into the future.
- You will collaborate with content creators using a service-minded attitude, looking to understand issues and requirements and offer support.
- You will assess, design, implement, and maintain content creation tools/pipelines/workflows that meet artist needs and increase productivity for content creators.
- You will learn and familiarize yourself with multiple technologies, technical concepts, ideas, and problems.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree granting program in a related field.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages (Maya and Photoshop desired).
- Experience in scripting and programming (Python and C# desired).
- Foundational experience with (and technical proficiency in) 3D concepts such as: modeling, texturing, rendering, physically-based shading, lighting, rigging, skinning and deformation, dynamics (i.e. cloth and hair), particle systems, and image manipulation techniques.
- Basic familiarity with game engine workflows (i.e. Unity, Unreal), asset pipelines and profiling, and revision control systems.
We are only considering students who will be enrolled in an accredited degree program in the summer of 2024, slated to graduate no earlier than December 2024. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada on a full time basis during the 8 month co-op. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, degree type (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD), what stage you are in your degree journey (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.), qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $29 - $31
The hourly pay is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including 80 hours per year of sick time (prorated based on scheduled hours per week if less than full-time), 16 paid company holidays per year, medical insurance, and 401(k).
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.