Software Engineer (Tools) - Frostbite
Software Engineer (Tools) - Frostbite
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA's multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and tools. We are proud to have thousands of game developers worldwide using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry including the Battlefield, FC, and Madden franchises.
We are looking for dedicated Software Engineers to join our team in developing the best tools for content creators across EA.
Reporting to the engineering manager, you will
- work in close collaboration with engineers and content creators from across the Frostbite team, and our world-class game team customers,
- create new cost-effective, scalable, performant, testable, and usable engine tools and workflows,
- Improve our existing tools and workflows,
- support game teams in the use of our tools and workflows, and
- demonstrate professional engineering capabilities by delivering high quality solutions.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with C# / C++ / CLI.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in UI / UX development.
- Passion for learning and embracing new challenges.
- Experience with WPF or similar user interface frameworks.
- Experience in game engine development.
- Experience developing real-time character visual and motion systems.
- Experience mentoring junior programmers.
- Passion for video games.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.