Gameplay Software Engineer - EA Sports FC
Gameplay Software Engineer - EA Sports FC
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FC franchise. EA SPORTS FC is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Innovation, passion, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne, we’re looking for the brightest talent, so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
Our Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as graphics and sound. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the Senior Engineer and work with your peers to deliver gameplay features envisioned by producers and designers.
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life.
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code as needed
- Rapidly prototype new mechanics to prove designs and iterate on mechanics.
- Design, architect, and document technical designs for Gameplay systems.
- Develop tools and workflows to efficiently produce new game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience architecting and/or implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Excellent detail-oriented, problem-solving skills – must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debug
- Understand performance implication of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to optimize.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.