Sr. Audio Artist
Sr. Audio Artist
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA Create Audio is an award-winning audio team creating audio assets for titles within EA STUDIOS. Through uniting our creative talents and technical expertise, our Audio team is driving industry-leading audio through partnership, professionalism, expertise, innovation, and uncompromising quality.
We are looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to all aspects of audio development within the EA. This individual should have critical knowledge and a passion for audio in a Sports title.
This candidate will work within the EA Create Audio team and must have the ability to collaborate with all other aspects of game development (i.e. Art, Animation, Engineering, Design, Production, Marketing) to push the quality bar for game audio. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games, with an overwhelming drive to create a world class audio experience. They must be a strong problem-solver and an effective communicator with game-creation and sound creation skills.
● Understanding of human crowd behavior and how it can be best modeled in a game
● Work on audio creative design and vision in line with the team’s goals and vision of the title
● Building a good rapport with the development team and representing EA Create Audio accordingly
● Defining deliverables and producing a delivery schedule with EA Create Audio Director
● Audio restoration skills/ extracting noise and harmonic bands from broad spectrum audio
● Collaborate with team project manager and review work of audio artists and contractors for your title
● Delivering the audio on budget as defined by EA Create Audio and the dev team
● Minimum 7 years’ game/audio experience and strong Gen 4 and Gen 5 console title experience
● Have advanced knowledge of new technologies and processes in the interactive audio field
● Has a broad experience using game development tools, technology and pipelines
● Is an expert with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
● Expertise in mixing triple AAA games for multiple target playback environments at a high quality
● Experience with large scale recordings at live venues (stadium/arena, crowd, and ambience recordings)
● Experience acquiring multi-channel impulse responses from live recordings.
● Solid knowledge of PC and console audio hardware
● Outstanding sound design and listening skills
● Strong communication skills, works well as part of a team, self-motivated
● Strong artistic and creative sensibilities, and strong technical thinker
● Strong skills in the area of technical implementation of game audio
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $119,000 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.