Director, Product Management
Director, Product Management
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Studio Data Insights Team, Who we are:
We span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. We partner in every development phase while improving our expertise to create even greater experiences for players. C&D participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supporting our ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, we drive quality and directly impact players. We are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
Reporting to the Head of Data Products, the Director of Product Management leads and manages a team of product managers and oversees the development and success of leading edge next-generation data products created within our team. In this leadership role, you will drive the strategy, roadmaps, and success of a portfolio of data products. You will work together with internal partners. Important aspect of this role is identifying future product opportunities to improve efficiency within the analyst, engineering, and data science community within EA.
This role can be performed on-site in Toronto, hybrid or fully remote.
- You will communicate a clear vision, product strategy according to goals and corporate data strategy.
- You will support change and champion for product management; foster a culture of innovation and guide larger appreciation for the role of product management in the success of building data products.
- You will lead, mentor, manage and inspire a team of product managers to build a trusted, strategic, and business-focused practice and foster a culture of product-first innovation and excellence.
- Build relationships with important partners/leaders and navigate cross-functionally to collaboratively agree on priorities leading to product execution. Facilitate communication and agreement across all internal partner teams.
- Partner with Business Intelligence, Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Science, Data Engineering and Project Management teams to ensure seamless execution of product plans.
- Approve high-level requirements, acceptance criteria, and KPIs that push the product strategy forward and achieve main goals.
- Oversee the entire product development lifecycle, from concept to launch. Work with internal partner teams to ensure products are delivered on time and within budget.
- Identify and interpret our business needs, identify improvement opportunities and future needs that enhance engineering, analytics or data science workflows across all levels of our organization and respond with product recommendations, and guide product roadmap decisions.
- Define important measurements for product success. Report to department leadership on product performance.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and customer needs. Explore 3rd party tools, analytics tools and technologies and make recommendations for the business, participate in evaluations.
- Proactively identify operational or product risks and collaborate cross-functionally to address them before they impact our partners.
- Leading by example, take a hands-on approach in product management, contributing to product development, and driving product excellence.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related relevant field (or equivalent work experience in a related field). MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
- You have 10-15 Years of proven experience in data driven and evidence-based product management, with proven experience of successful product launches.
- You have 6+ Years of experience hiring and developing both individual contributors and managers.
- You have 3+ years of experience with business analysis and business process improvement.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Experience presenting to senior executive audiences
- Experience with data-based systems.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design principles are a plus.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.