Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
We at Create Audio are looking for an experienced Audio Artist who can make an immediate contribution to audio development. You will oversee audio specific project(s), with the goal of creating/maintaining a quality audio experience. You are expected to have post-production experience in all phases of audio design and production, with proficiency in at least one audio discipline/area. Experience with VO and technical implementation of game audio are prerequisites. You will report to the Development Manager and work with the Create Audio leads. If this sounds like you – submit your application and join us on this journey!
- Create quality audio for our video games, with a high focus on authentic dialogue to suit our story-driven game experiences
- Author small well-defined audio-related tasks, with a high focus on content pipelines
- Directly support feature(s), small project(s), or task(s) within the Speech discipline
- Complete technical implementation, logic and data-basing tasks, all catered to the user experience
- Manage editor package imports, sample handling & database updates
- Preform Quality control review for the project's audio (pre-CQC) on all applicable platforms
- Create software design to support custom source elements
- Manage source control, submit to file depots, and handle build pipelines
- Participate in team collaboration, but also work independently
- Collaborate in prototyping and driving innovation and improvements
- Take direction from Audio Leads and other senior audio artists on the project, but still express your creativity and design insight
- Minimum 3 years' studio engineering/recording/VO experience (or equivalent)
- 3-5 years game audio experience
- Solid knowledge of PC and console audio hardware
- Experience with tracking documentation
- Outstanding sound design skills
- Works well as part of a team, but also autonomously
- Experience with audio middleware software (Wwise, Fmod)
- Familiarity with third-party game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint)
- Exposure to and/or basic knowledge of code or scripting language (C#, C++, SQL, Python, Lua, etc.) an asset
- Solid experience using game audio development tools, technology, and pipelines
- Experience with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW
- Able to methodically manage & track large amounts of data
- Experience with Quality Assurance Verification
- Experience with onboarding new team members
- Knowledge and familiarity with Professional sports (mostly, Football/Soccer), teams & leagues
Experience with remote VO recording sessions
This a 12 month temporary role open to candidates in the Vancouver area.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $54,900 - $84,750 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.