VFX Artist - EA Sports FC
VFX Artist - EA Sports FC
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About the Organization: EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FC, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
About our team: After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world’s biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere. With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
About the role: As a Senior VFX Artist you will work with other Artists, Art Directors and Producers, to create visual effects that immerse players in the experience. You understand motion, physics, color theory, and animation and use all of those to create compelling effects that wow the player.
With an interest in creating content for our current and next-generation Sports titles, you will:
- Act as a leadership figure within the project, working closely with a diverse team of Artists, Technical Artists, Project Managers, Producers and Art Directors
- Conceptualize and create industry-leading FX for our games
- Work with Design to understand requirements and create FX for gameplay mechanics
- Create behavior-driven FX for characters
- Create atmospheric FX and direct proper placement of assets to enhance living worlds
- Simulate physical phenomenon through a variety animation and simulation techniques
- Inject personality and humor into visual effects through stylization
- Partner with Rendering and Tools teams to determine requirements for FX tools.
- Develop strategies to solve FX issues affecting rendering performance to maintain target FPS.
- Work with multiple Art Directors and leads to understand the content vision, direction, and quality expectations.
- Plan with directors and management to establish asset requirements, manage scope and escalate risks for feature reviews.
- Explore, recommend and implement new techniques, tools, and workflows that improve quality and efficiency.
- Establish and maintain team best practices.
- Mentor junior/intermediate artists.
- 7+ years' experience as a Real-Time FX artist on shipped titles
- Proficient in industry leading DCC tools such as Maya, Houdini and photoshop or any equivalent
- Proficient in node base contents creation tools
- Experience with performance requirements and restrictions on console hardware
- Experience creating and editing shaders for FX
- Experience creating and modifying existing modeling assets for in-game FX use.
- Experience with scripting languages and shader authoring (HLSL)
- Examples of effects that were created/owned from start to finish.
- Examples of effects that demonstrate an understanding of physics, color theory, composition, and animation principles
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $119,000 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.