Associate Quality Designer
Associate Quality Designer
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Frostbite is EA's multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. Our experienced team from across the globe is dedicated to building new technology and collaborating to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences. This is an opportunity to join a team to help promote quality across Frostbite and EA, reporting to the Frostbite Quality Development Manager.
Why join the Frostbite Team?
As an Associate Quality Designer for Frostbite, you will identify, report on, and achieve quality targets for their specialized technologies within the engine. You will work with several other quality professionals in similar roles to help determine quality standards and achieve quality goals across our many groups.
- Support their development partners evolving needs are met and they are updated with relevant information throughout the development cycle.
- Collate and track measurements. Analyze and use data to make informed decisions.
- Be adaptable to incoming tasks and changes in priority. Work with other teams to better understand and mitigate a variety of potential risks.
- Partner with your QA colleagues to avoid cross-project risks and collaborate to produce group-wide quality improvements.
- Look for opportunities to improve the quality of your team's process and workflows.
- Investigate problems to understand the root cause and fixing it with your team
- Contribute to initiatives within the Frostbite QA space, create test plans and milestones, work with team to execute plans to completion
Required Skills and Experience
- Understanding of software development processes and SDLC (Agile preferred).
- Desire to take ownership of for quality and project requirements.
- Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio).
- 1 or more years of QA software testing and test planning.
- Experience with game engines, content & asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Experience with game pipelines.
- Familiarity with development planning tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. Hansoft, JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail).
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $54,900 - $84,750 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.