Artiste Audio / Audio Artist Generalist - APEX LEGENDS
Artiste Audio / Audio Artist Generalist - APEX LEGENDS
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Montreal, QC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Audio Artist - Generalist - APEX LEGENDS
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
Create Audio is looking for an enthusiastic audio artist who will embrace our inclusive culture and share their hard-earned expertise to contribute to an incredible experience for our players. You will work within the Create Audio team and with all other aspects of game development to push the quality bar for game audio. Our new team member will be passionate about the Apex universe and contributing in all areas of audio design and implementation, with a talent for creating immersive worlds and competitive gaming feedback. If this sounds like you, we look forward to seeing your resume and demo reel!
- Work with the Audio Director and both the VO/Speech and Sound Design teams to ensure that the final delivery matches the aesthetic of the game.
- Follow a schedule and submit work within required deadlines in partnership with production.
- Partner with the Speech team to track recordings and contribute to speech editing, naming and file organization.
- Contribute to design and implementation of sound effects that fit within the Apex universe to immerse the player into the game’s world.
- Edit and implement audio assets directly in our audio tools and game engine (Miles and Source).
- Troubleshoot and help fix audio bugs.
- Minimum of two years game audio and/or post-production experience.
- Speech/VO editing experience.
- Experience with field and foley recording, processing and editing.
- Experience with perforce and game engines.
- Comfortable with modern audio equipment, and proficiency in at least one DAW (eg ProTools and Reaper).
- Proficient in using game development tools, technology and pipelines (Wwise, FMOD, Perforce).
- Solid knowledge of PC hardware and software.
- Self-motivated with a solution-oriented attitude.
- Strong artistic and creative sensibilities.
- An artist who excels as part of a team.
- Good technical thinker.
Please provide a link for a demo reel in your application.
This opportunity is a temporary contract position open to candidates located in Vancouver, BC
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $54,900 - $84,750 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.
Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français, "Select Language" dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.