3D Environment Artist II
3D Environment Artist II
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
You will be developing a new mobile title for EA. As a studio, we build games for Imaginative Creators which allow players to create something that is an expression of their unique personality.
You’ll create stylized environment art with focuses on natural elements, props and architecture. To start, you will be the only environment artist on the team reporting to and working directly with the Art Director to bring the game’s artistic vision to life.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Work with the team’s Art Director to build the creative vision for the project’s environment art
Create high-quality 3D environment art (including concepting, modelling, texturing, and lighting) that falls into any of the 3 areas:
- Natural environment elements (foliage, ground textures, rocks, plants, skies)
- Props (smaller assets, set pieces, and points of interest)
- Architecture (buildings, cities)
- Collaborate with other artists, engineers, designers, and tech artists to find creative solutions for bringing rich environments to life
- Develop quick prototypes and block outs to test ideas and designs
- Optimize and/or clean up art from external vendors when necessary
- Maintain project and process specific documentation for the team
If you're interested, you'll need these skills or experiences:
- Proficiency in multiple commercial art production softwares (Maya, ZBrush, Substance) along with insight for when to use which tool to achieve the desired effect
- Experience working in Unity
- An understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in 3D modelling.
- An eye for light, shade, colour, and detail when creating painted texture maps
- Expertise in guiding the player's focus through composition, employing visual hierarchies, and knowing where to direct their attention
- A mobile mindset, including adherence to texture and polygon budgets and enhancing readability for small devices
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with fellow artists
- Desire to master new tools, techniques, workflows, and pipelines
- 4+ years of experience in game development with a focus on creating environment art
- One or more shipped mobile titles
This role is available for Full Remote, Hybrid, or Full On-Site work
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $95,450 - $141,800 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $89,200 - $141,800 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $105,250 - $141,800 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $89,200 - $118,550 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $89,200 - $130,750 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $119,000 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.