Senior Experience Designer (Technical Design)
Senior Experience Designer (Technical Design)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
You will be developing a new mobile title for EA. As a studio, we build games for Imaginative Creators which allow players to create something that is an expression of their unique personality.
You'll report to the Art Director and work directly with Art, Engineering, and Design to build, implement, and optimize UI assets, widgets, animations, and effects in Unity.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Implement complex interaction design systems, working with the team to create a delightful user experience that emotionally resonates with our players
- Create high-fidelity prototypes based on design requirements
- Establish and maintain design standards, documentation, and principles, contributing to a consistent UI implementation system
- Create new cohesive elements within an existing design system
- Align technical, aesthetic, and functional UI/UX requirements with the game's vision
- Develop and improve UI tools and frameworks inside Unity
- Provide technical design insights and oversee the project's UI architecture
- Implement complex UI animations and visual effects
- Debug UI issues
- Code and implement C# scripts working with systems provided by the engineering team
- Optimize UI elements for performance, ensuring a smooth player experience
If you're interested, you'll need these skills or experiences:
- 6+ years of experience in UI production/implementation
- One or more shipped mobile titles
- Proficiency in After Effects or comparable motion graphics software
- Experience structuring and implementing design systems in Unity
- Experience coding and scripting in C#
- Create high-fidelity prototypes and rapid prototyping techniques
- Working knowledge of UI animation
- Experience balancing high quality visuals and UX with mobile production and technical constraints
This role is available for Full Remote, Hybrid, or Full On-Site work
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $126,700 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.