Associate Game Designer
Associate Game Designer
Multiple Locations: Toronto, ON, Canada • Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
You will be developing a new mobile title for EA. As a studio, we build games for Imaginative Creators which allow players to create something that is an expression of their unique personality.
You will be reporting to the Game Design Director
- Design mechanics and content from concept through implementation to completion
- Improve designs based on input from the team, user research and play-testing, game metrics, and sound systems design practices
- Learn to design scalable systems using good design patterns and practices
- Learn how to find practical and creative solutions that achieve the intended player experience and fit scope
- Collaborate with other departments to get support and guide a project from concept to ship
- 2+ years of game design experience - preferably with experience on a live service team
- Implemented designs in past games using scripts, XML/JSON, or within an editor
- Ability to write detailed design documentation throughout a project life cycle
- Championed a design and got the team excited to work on it
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for gaming: playing, deconstructing, and creating
- Strives for ownership and responsibility
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The hourly pay ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the hourly pay range for your specific location.
EA has listed the hourly pay ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
HOURLY PAY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $32 - $49
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $29 - $49
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $36 - $49
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $29 - $40
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $29 - $44
The hourly rate is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.