Development Manager - NHL
Development Manager - NHL
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA SPORTS NHL has revolutionized sports gaming for millions of players worldwide. We’ve pioneered award-winning creative technology and experiences to connect players to the speed, skill, and heart of the NHL.
The EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of diverse talent dedicated to creating on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with a passion for your craft, this will be more than a job. It’ll be what you love
Reporting to a Development Director, a Development Manager (DM) ensures the game feature delivery is on time and within budget. You will oversee the project schedule and manage the team to achieve a high standard.
- Manage a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and Designers.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the needs versus technical constraints, and promote initial partner deployments.
- Focus on the immediate team and identify team issues, and suggest solutions related to execution goals. Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency.
- Ensure each project setup meets the specifications with Studio with regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Establish engagement processes to ensure all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff are trained in expectations.
- 3+ years of Project Management or Project Lead Experience with production lifecycles, processes and project planning.
- Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business, 3D Arts.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment (Jira, Perforce, and Visio)
- Experience working with expansive teams, mediation and conflict resolution.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.