Operations Technical Lead, Game Creation
Operations Technical Lead, Game Creation
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Electronic Arts IT group keeps our employees and business operations connected globally. As a digital entertainment company, EA's enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. We bring creative technology services to each one of these areas, keeping everyone creative, collaborative and productive. Our team ensures better play across all of EA and we need your help to do that.
The Operations Engineer Technical Lead uses their systems engineering skills to maintain high quality and performance across our Source Control Management environments around the globe. Our SCM environments are based on Perforce Helix Core, both off-the-shelf and custom developed instances, and you will be the senior technical resource amongst a small team of Perforce operations engineers.
The team is responsible for application troubleshooting, implementing technical fixes and workarounds to bugs, keeping operating systems and application software up to date, working with report data to maintain capacity and performance of the environment, and contributing to the product roadmap.
As the Technical Lead, it will be your duty to continually raise the bar in our key competency areas; product technical expertise, cross team communication and collaboration, mentoring other technical staff, seeking automation opportunities, and general process improvement.
You will work closely with the team's Senior Manager throughout the goal setting and tracking process, ensuring that we balance our focus effectively between day-to-day operational requirements, and other work that creates systematic improvements to our function over time.
The job can be either partly onsite hybrid (EA Vancouver) or offsite from British Columbia, depending on your preference, and you will report to the Senior Manager Game Creation Operations based in the United Kingdom.
Why work on the Perforce Product team?
We help build and run our SCM product in a large, globally distributed environment and we are surrounded by EAIT people who are passionate about Perforce. We work directly with game development teams to improve their workflows and resolve their problems.
We believe in being the catalysts for operational and engineering improvement in a product area that is rapidly changing within Electronic Arts. We are all product owners, and we believe in running high-quality operational environments that focus on continuous improvement and the desire to automate manual processes whenever possible.
Who is the Game Creation Operations Engineer?
- You are a technical expert with Helix Core and act as the team's operational support escalation point
- You guide the team to resolve operational support requests to agreed quality metrics
- You identify repetitive operational tasks for process improvement and automation
- You manage service affecting events (communications, incidents, RCA, and corrective actions)
- You understand system design and implement systems and services that are secure, scalable, reliable, and performant
- You are comfortable working in rapid change environments
- You are customer and product obsessed
- You work within an established Perforce global product team with varied and sometimes overlapping responsibilities
- Site Reliability Engineer experience
- 3+ years of system admin experience of the Perforce product suite e.g. Helix Core and Helix Swarm
- 5+ years experience with general Source Control Management design, deployment and operational support
- 5+ years experience with Linux system administration
- 2+ years experience of:
- systems automation using BASH, Python, Ruby
- configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible
- network fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, routing, switching, and HTTP)
- Monitor frameworks (such as CloudWatch, Datadog, Grafana, Elastic or similar)
- cloud computing concepts, design considerations, and infrastructure/software deployments
- 3+ years in a 24x7 production environment
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.