Gameplay Software Engineer
Gameplay Software Engineer
Multiple Locations: Toronto, ON, Canada • Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FC franchise. EA SPORTS FC is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile. Innovation, passion, and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne, we're looking for the brightest talent, so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the Senior Engineer and work with your peers to deliver gameplay features envisioned by producers and designers.
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life.
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code.
- Prototype new mechanics to prove designs and improve on mechanics.
- Architect, and document technical designs for Gameplay systems.
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features.
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 3+ years working with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- 3+ years experience architecting and implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.