Technical Artist - Terrain
Technical Artist - Terrain
Multiple Locations: Montreal, QC, Canada • Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
« Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français, "Select Language" dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page. »
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are privileged to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist, you will report to Frostbite's Technical Art Manager. You will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest terrain tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams. You'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators.
- As a Technical Artist on Frostbite, you will collaborate directly with engineers, product owners and game teams to improve the tools and workflows of our terrain and procedural systems.
- You will collaborate with the Frostbite content team to build tech demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
- You will collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite.
You Will Need
- At least 5+ years in game development or film industry, with a focus around open world, terrain world building, TPA.
- Experience creating terrain procedural solutions and algorithms in a game or film production environment.
- Experience working with terrains in a game engine or in external software. (Quadspinner Gaea, world machine, world Creator, etc.)
- Experience with terrain tool solutions and concepts from other DCC or game engines.
- Shipped 2+ games or similar within relevant industries.
- Experience helping others achieve their best through game development tools
- Experience with a diversity of content creation tools within a game engine
- Knowledge of Lua, Python or other scripting languages
- Comfortable engaging and building relationships with multiple teams and individuals globally
- Experience using Maya, Substance or other DCCs
- Experience in HLSL
We thought you might also want to know:
- More about us: www.frostbite.com
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.