Online Software Engineer - EA SPORTS™
Online Software Engineer - EA SPORTS™
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Toronto, ON, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Online Software Engineer will help build networked gameplay experiences for EA SPORTS™. We are looking for engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, adding amazing new features to an existing and beloved game, and improving existing code. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
- You will develop technical solutions for online game features.
- You will do full stack development working on both game client and backend services.
- You will work with Designers, Artists, and Engineers from other domains.
- You will work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient, and shareable code.
- You will iterate and design improvements to live systems and workflows.
- You will work with 3rd party and internal software APIs.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all requirements to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- 3+ years of experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer, and multi-threaded architectures.
- 1+ years of experience with 3rd party APIs.
- 1+ years of experience working on Microsoft, and Sony game consoles.
- 1+ years of experience of real-time game networking.
- 1+ years of experience with Linux.
- 1+ years of experience with Visual Studio and knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Knowledge of modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location. EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g., Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): $130,250 - $199,400
- New York (depending on location e.g., Manhattan vs. Buffalo): $120,450 - $199,400
- Jersey City, NJ: $147,400 - $199,400
- Colorado (depending on location e.g., Denver vs. Colorado Springs): $120,450 - $161,750
- Washington (depending on location e.g., Seattle vs. Spokane): $120,450 - $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. #torontohiring #remote
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.