Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Technical Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome remote candidates in Canada to apply.
- Create and maintain high-quality gameplay components and tools
- Collaborate with other disciplines to implement core game mechanics, ensuring they make for the best possible gameplay experience
- Take feedback from the design team to refine and improve workflows and game features
- Support your teammates through knowledge-sharing, debugging, training, and writing technical design documentation
- Proactively communicate with your lead and teammates to set priorities and goals for your work
- Assist in advocating best practices to the content team
- Participate constructively and respectfully in the critique of your work, and the work of others
- Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
- At least 1 year of experience as a technically-oriented game designer, with experience on multiplayer games
- Expertise in text-based scripting, visual scripting, or other programming languages
- Proficient at debugging
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy problem-solving with a creative team
- Value documentation and healthy communication
- Broad taste in games
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.