Development Director - EA Sports FC QV
Development Director - EA Sports FC QV
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
We are looking for an experienced leader who is passionate about driving software and game quality to lead our EA Sports FC products based in our Vancouver studio.
You will provide operational leadership for the Quality Verification (QV) department, made up of Management, Quality Design, Engineering and Analytics. This multi-discipline department is a component of the development and live services for our EA Sports FC franchise. You will report to the Senior Development Director for EA Sports FC QV.
You are right for this role if you are passionate about solving difficult problems. You can collaborate, often across departments and with peers or partners in other parts of the business. Your greatest strengths are building relationships and project delivery. You like to be challenged and thinking about the future excites you.
- Manage the full operational aspects of Quality Verification planning in all development stages from pre-pro, production, launch, and live
- Collaborate across a diverse group of project leaders and development partners
- Scenario planning to guide the decision-making process
- Align all involved teams towards the outlined goals and guide your team to achieve milestones at quality
- Implement and share new ways of improving efficiency and increasing predictability
- Experience using data to contribute to product quality and project efficiency; effective at understanding dashboards and measurements to guide decision-making
- Change management, challenge is welcomed as an opportunity to guide strategic improvements
- Mentor and support other leaders with diverse teams; build and mentor teams
- Identify resourcing needs, guide and develop changes to talent, skills and practices to accomplish operational and strategic goals.
- manage the professional development of team members, establish goals with team members based on their personal development plans and organize one-to-one meetings
- manage performance and conduct annual reviews together with peers and management;
- resolve challenges in a collaborative way, ensuring team satisfaction;
- monitor and evolve talent skill mix, using training and active recruitment plans and strategies
- promote a culture of diversity and inclusion and maintain an environment that encourages creativity and collaboration
- You are passionate about managing creative teams.
- You have 8+ years of project management or team leadership experience
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager including managing people managers
- 3+ years of experience leading and growing large multi-discipline teams.
- You always know the status of your project and can share that information with any audience.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.