Technical Artist (API)
Technical Artist (API)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • Edmonton, AB, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are privileged to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does an Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist on the Frostbite Content team, you will report to Frostbite's Technical Art Manager. You will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to our community of game teams. You'll help make our development process more creator-centric by gathering feedback from content creators throughout EA and working with engineers on the Frostbite team to improve the usability of content workflows and help steer the design of new features.
- Work with game teams to understand existing content creation processes and identify opportunities for optimization and automation.
- Collaborate with product to advocate for workflow improvements on game teams through application of our technology that propel the success of all Frostbite games.
- Provide your expertise and perspective as an content creator by representing users and their needs in planning through artifacts that capture problem statements and acceptance criteria.
- Build compelling examples, tutorials and support documentation that empower technical artists to onboard and build the best production solutions for their games.
- Engage with the content community within EA to ensure features and solutions are aligned to the latest trends and solutions within the game development industry
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert.
You will Need
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Max, Maya, LUA, Python, and C#.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices.
- Served as a Senior Tech Artist.
- Experience working in Unreal Editor, Unity or like game engines.
- Expert proficiency with modern DCC applications. (Maya/Houdini/Photoshop, etc.)
- 5+ years as a Technical Artist, Technical Designer or a Software Engineer with a Technical Art background.
- Experience in API development. and Tool Development Experience.
- Shipped a AAA title.
- Experience with Perforce, Atlassian Confluence, Jira Software, Coda, or similar tools.
- Experience working in a large team spread across multiple locations and time zones.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.