Technical Artist (Generalist)
Technical Artist (Generalist)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • Edmonton, AB, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are privileged to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
What does a Technical Artist do?
As a Technical Artist on the Frostbite Content team, you will report to Frostbite's Technical Art Manager. You will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to our community of game teams. You'll help make our development process more creator-centric by gathering feedback from content creators throughout EA and working with engineers on the Frostbite team to improve the usability of content workflows and help steer the design of new features.
- Provide your expertise and perspective as an content creator to validate that the designs and feature solutions meet the necessary production standards of game teams designers.
- Build compelling examples, tutorials and support documentation that empower technical artists to onboard and build the best production solutions for their games
- Collaborate with our product, engineering and game teams to identify the most impactful feature designs that propel the success of all Frostbite games.
- Engage with the content community within EA to ensure features and solutions are aligned to the latest trends and solutions within the game development industry
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert who easily communicates their knowledge of the Frostbite toolset to games team partners and Frostbite engineering, becoming the voice of the content creator within your domain.
You will Need
- A diverse skillset of creating/maintaining all forms of real-time content for games. (Animation, Environments, Procedural, Lighting, Rigging, Blueprints, etc.)
- You will need experience working in Unreal Editor, Unity or like game engines.
- Expert proficiency with modern DCC applications.
- 5+ years of tech art, tech animation, and world development experience for video games.
- Shipped 2+ games
- Experience with shader networks and procedural texturing.
- Understanding of PBR rendering and material / light interactions.
- Houdini procedural workflow experience.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Max, Maya, LUA, Python, or C#.
- Shipped a AAA title.
- Experience with Perforce, Atlassian Confluence, Jira Software, Coda, or similar tools.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.