Experience Designer (UX) - UFC
Experience Designer (UX) - UFC
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
The Role: UX Designer
The ideal candidate is passionate about UX and evidence based design, and driven to deliver delightful user experiences. In addition to a deep comprehension of usability and human factors, we seek a determined and resourceful, detail-oriented team player. The UX Designer thrives in a highly collaborative, high pressure and iterative product environment.
This is a 12-month contract to begin with.
- Involved in the design of the overall user experience of UFC Team
- Create innovative, emotive, and fun solutions to complex UX problems within strict technical limitations and tight deadlines
- Player First - understanding of our target audience, personas and the motivations that lead to deeper consumer engagement
- Hands-on Architect capable of cranking out several low fidelity wireframes in a day and interactive prototypes in a couple of days
- Conceptualize and effectively visually communicate UX ideas to get buy-in from stakeholders
- Own UX features end-to-end including: Creative/Feature Briefs, Milestone Deliverables, Change Requests, and Bug Tracking
- Work closely with partners to evaluate and translate research findings into actionable results
Competencies and Qualifications
- Bachelors of Science degree in HCI or a design-related field with Human Factors,
- 2+ years professional UX experience
- Experience designing complex user experiences across ideally console games or variety of products and/or services with microtransactions
- Core UX skills including human factors, psychology, UX principles, heuristics, guidelines etc.
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait to be asked and plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis
- Commanding knowledge of Wireframing and Prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, OmniGraffle, Axure, Balsamic, Adobe Creative Suite) and the ability to produce low and high fidelity solutions
- A portfolio demonstrating a track record of successful UX leadership and high impact creative and emotional design solutions to complex problems
- Impeccable sensitivity to user goals, wants and needs, furthermore ability to prioritize against business goals
- Must be a deep thinker, can critically analyze UX and understands why and how it is successful
- Experience in data synthesis and evidence based design, has experience successfully maximizing AEM
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.