User Experience Researcher
User Experience Researcher
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
We are EA—the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Apex Legends, The Sims, and others. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to explore your creativity, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
You will report to the User Experience Research Manager to represent the players - in all their variety and diversity- and we value building that diversity of background & opinion into the structure of our team. This role is open to hybrid work model.
- Be the source of insights for mixed methods research methods, craft, and execution for a single studio
- Understand the game(s) you work on to perceive and communicate your research findings - you don't need to be an expert on a game when you start working on it, but you should expect to play the game enough to become one
- Communicate your findings to dev team partners in ways that help the game better achieve their design and experience goals
- You have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- You have 2+ years industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms
- You have experience in research design, experienced in at least one methodology (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking)
- You can write and present influential reports
- Experience with statistical packages desirable
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.