Associate Quality Designer
Associate Quality Designer
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA is looking for you to fill an Associate Quality Designer (AQD) role for the EASFC team. The AQD position will require you to provide oversight of our quality processes and establish best practices for our analyst family together with our leadership team. You will oversee the entire quality plan for EASFC QA and will report to the QA Development Manager and partner directly with the Producer and/or Designer to agree on the quality plan for new features.
- Build working relationships with members of the development, production and design teams.
- Promote a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- You will spend time testing the game, reporting bugs and providing feedback on features to improve the quality of the game for our players.
- End-to-end review of quality strategy, and test plans for your assigned area.
- Support identification of technical solutions and automation opportunities.
- Utilize data (both internal and external) to drive a data focused, predictable verification strategy.
- Drive improvements and knowledge sharing across the sports QA teams of current processes and workflows.
- Provide progress and status updates through reporting or verbal communication with appropriate managers, Quality Designers, and other team members.
- 2+ years of applicable work experience.
- A passion for games, EAFC, or soccer, with a player first mentality.
- Experience making data-driven decisions regarding game design.
- Experience working in an embedded, integrated product team (i.e. Development + QA working as one).
Path to Becoming a Quality Designer:
Employee stories sharing how they got into their role, lessons learned and a few interview tips.
- Barbara Homewood had her heart set on becoming a Librarian and is now an Associate Quality Designer in EA. Learn More
- Our hiring manager Ravi Minhas shares what he is looking for in a future candidate. Do you have this quality? Learn More
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.