Tools Software Engineer - EA SPORTS
Tools Software Engineer - EA SPORTS
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of experienced EA/EA SPORTS employees and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
The Tools Engineer will report to the area engineering lead and will be a part of the game creation process, including design, implementation, and debugging. Tools engineers create engine editor workflows for designers, artists and other engineers to help them in their day to day content creation process.
- Build developer facing tools which help designers and artists create game content efficiently and effectively to directly impact the product
- Implement engine editor user interfaces to manipulate game content, tuning and assets
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 5+ years of experience developing games or developing tools for game content creation
- High level of proficiency with C++ and understanding of C# or WPF
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Excellent debugging skills and experience using tools to help debugUS COMPENSATION AND BENEFITSThe base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.BASE SALARY RANGES • California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $130,250 - $199,400 • New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $120,450 - $199,400 • Jersey City, NJ: º $147,400 - $199,400 • Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $120,450 - $161,750 • Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): º $120,450 - $188,600Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.