Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
EA Vancouver is looking for Quality Designers to join many of our teams across EA. EA Vancouver is looking for Quality Designers to join many of our teams across EA. This is an opportunity to develop new quality practices that aim to improve quality across all teams at EA.
- You will have the end-to-end ownership of quality strategy.
- You will build working relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams to develop a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal and external data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Using an experimental mindset, you will proactively propose and provide solutions to quality problems.
- You will use change control processes to measure the impact of evolving quality strategies.
- You will research, analyze and compile data points spanning multiple sources into cohesive and consumable summaries that demonstrate impact to overall quality.
- You can take an overall strategy and propose tactical solutions to achieve that strategy.
- You are a mentor for peers, assisting with and growing their knowledge.
- You will always promote a "Player First" approach and be an advocate for the player in everything we do to help us achieve a high-quality experience for our players.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software/game development, including both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Work with medium-to-large-scale teams. Work with distributed peers.
- Experience with bug prevention and containment strategies.
- Defect and Task tracking tool experience (JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail, or Hansoft)
- Game engine experience a plus.
- Perforce or other collaboration tool experience a plus.
- Experience working within a continuous delivery or continuous deployment model.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.